I was thinking that I might want to put together a play list to have in the delivery room with me. For all I know, I could want complete silence but I'd like to make 2 playlists so I have options. One will have upbeat, sing-along music to keep my spirits high (this sounds more my style) and the other will be very relaxing, soothing music. If you have any suggestions for the playlists please let me know!
p.s. I heard one story, I don't know if it was real or from a tv show, where the woman delivering was singing at the top of her lungs, "The lion sleeps tonight." I can just picture myself pushing this child out of me going, "A-wee-ma-way a-wee-ma-way OOOOOOOOOOooooooo a-we-um-um-away"
:-D
-Em
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think "Push It' by Salt and Peppa would be appropriate, and Bohemian Rapsody should get you through a couple of contractions. I'll keep thinking...
ReplyDeleteFor a nice relaxing song, I found this.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFOac8zybPE
It's this sweet lullaby by the Dixie Chicks called Lullaby.
I downloaded nature sounds on my ipod. The sound of waves crashing at the beach always relaxes me. That's as far as I've gotten as far as planning for delivery goes. I keep meaning to think about what to take with me to the hospital and to create some sort of plan, but then I can't figure out how to plan for something that is just so unpredictable. It just keeps getting moved to the end of the to-do list. I think I'm in denial about the fact that the baby actually has to get out of me somehow. I love the "Push It" suggestion though! :)
ReplyDelete