I'm starting to compile a list of lullabies for our little baby, and I'll hopefully be recording a cd soon with all our favorites. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some great songs to sing to the baby. So far, my list has
Baby Mine (from Dumbo ~ it always makes me cry! I don't know how I'm going to get through recording it.)
Over the Rainbow
The Prayer
Brahm's Lullaby
Good Night my Angel (Billy Joel's Lullaby Song)
Twinkle, Twinkle
If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them so I can record the cd. Thanks for your help! Also, we have a name!! It's totally set, and we'll be announcing it any day now.
~Andrea
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok so I am a dork, and tend to get some ideas from movies...When my sister was born I used to sing to her the song from "My Girl Two" (I think). It is the song that the mom used to sing to the little girl before she died. I cannot for the life of me remember the name.
ReplyDelete-ok, so I just looked it up and it is called "Smile" by Charles Chaplin. I know it is a sad song but I still loved it. I also really liked "Edelweiss" from the Sound of Music. Like I said I am a dork, but those are two songs I plan on singing to my little one that is totally random but still really pretty.
mel
-sorry I meant when my neice was born.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, is the cd going to be of you singing?!?!?! we would absolutely love a copy if you're willing to share! Our poor little girl has to suffer from me singing lots of Taylor Swift right now (and Todd singing Meatloaf last night!) but I'm not sure what I'll sing when she comes out. I'm one who tends to make up songs as I go, as well.
ReplyDeleteBut I will be playing a cd called Baby Road which is a compilation of Beatles songs redone for babies. I listened to it as a child and I'm absolutely in love with it!
I love the song "If I Could", although it will most likely make you cry. I have a gorgeous version of Linda Eder singing it, but I'm sure there are a bunch out there. My mom also used to sing me one called "Scarlett Ribbons" that is really sweet. I'm definitely going to look into this Baby Road thing too... my mom would LOVE that!
ReplyDeleteYou guys rock. Melissa- I love the song Smile! Emily - I hadn't even thought of the Beatles, but I think Blackbird would be perfect, and Greer, you're right - I totally cried when I heard "If I Could!" They are all going on the cd.
ReplyDeleteEmily - It will be me singing, but its just a rough cut with me a microphone and some mixing on my laptop. You're more than welcome to a copy, and hopefully I won't scare lil' Miss Duncan!
With the amount of suffering that my daughter has endured listening to ME sing....she will be grateful for the chance to hear a professional (that's you!). I definitely want a copy!
ReplyDelete