Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hi, I am Melissa from Emily's past...



Well, Emily certainly has a better memory then I do. I met Emily at Myer's Park...I couldn't remember which school since I attended two high schools growing up, but since I know I didn't go to AG for middle school, it made it easier to figure out :) Thanks Em!

I am 29 years old, and I am currently living in Charlotte NC and work at UNCC. My husband Joey and I moved here about 2 years ago and are still trying to get settled in. It probably doesn't help that we have moved three times since coming to the Queen City, but I think we are going to stay in the condo we have now for at least a few years... I grew up in Charlotte and went to ECU for my undergrad where I met my hubby. We have been together for almost 8 years, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. He was one of those people I saw across the room one day and knew I just had to meet him...so the next day I made my move and we have been pretty much best friends ever since!

This is our first baby, and currently I am the only one on this blog that is having a boy. I always imagined having a girl, probably because I grew up one of three girls in my family, and in my extended family girls out weigh the boys...even our pets are girls. But I am super excited about watching our little man grow up and become more and more like his daddy. Plus it helps that all my girl friends have little boys so I am anticipating hand me downs galor. And something that I wouldn't have thought of initially is that I feel like there is a special bond forming between my MIL and myself since she shared her little boy with me and now I have the chance to share our little boy with her...

I am due on Thanksgiving, but hope that he comes a little early. He is measuring about 1.5 weeks ahead and I am not sure how much more my poor body can handle. Plus I would rather him have a birthday that is separate from the holiday. But as long as he is happy and healthy I will be happy whenever he decided to make his appearance.

I cannot wait to hear about all of you guys and see our similar our stories become once our little ones arrive and learn from each others' experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Haha well it was so long ago that I figured it had to have been middle school....but I guess high school was so long ago now too!

    ReplyDelete