Well, we are 5 pregnant women, so I'm sure the hormones we have between us could scare anyone away! But my poor husband was not expecting tears the other day. I am coming to realize that I have always prided myself on not being a needy or unreasonable woman. Todd always seems to get defensive before he realizes that I'm not actually going to bite his head off like it seems someone in his past has. :-D He actually tells me that he expects me to be unreasonable and then gets surprised when I'm not. Not saying I'm perfect....I've had days here and there where PMS comes through but for the most part I'm pretty level-headed.
That's why the 3 days during these past 7 months that I've just started crying or gotten so defensive have totally thrown me off! Just the other day I was having a conversation with one of our buddies about how non-PMSy I am and then the next day I come home and I'm just off. You all know what I mean. I warned Todd but of course he probably could have told me I looked pretty and I would have heard 'why's your butt so big?'
I don't really have any reason for this post other than to ask if it gets worse as I get more into my 3rd trimester? Hopefully after this beautiful baby is born, I will be back to my old self. But I guess 3 off days out of 7 months isn't really so bad and Todd should be grateful! :-D
-Emily
(p.s. we should probably always sign our post either at the end of in the title since there are 5 of us!)
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For me personally, I haven't been to irrational during my pregnancy. But the moment I say that out loud, it is likly in the very near future I will become a crazy person. But what really gets me is that I am getting all sniffily at random stuff on tv, and nothing in real life. I think I am officially a TV drama junkie...and I should probably stay away from watching anything sad until I am alone and can have a good cry.
ReplyDeleteI did have one break down with Joey when he made the comment "are you going to stay in bed all night..." or something like that when I didn't walk the dog when I came home from work. After I had my moment and told him through tears that I don't know what is going on and I am trying to do things on my end he said he was sorry and that he wasn't trying to be insenstive...and everything has been great ever since. On the plus side (or whatever side you would classify this in) my next OB appointment I found out my iron was signifcantly low, and they put me on prescription iron pills and I have been feeling more normal ever since...go figure huh?! At least I found out why I was feeling so out of it.
mel
Don't feel too bad about the mood swings. You are about to go through childbirth, so I think Todd can handle a few mood swings.
ReplyDeleteIf he needs pointers on how to deal, Tom can help out. I'm actually quite moody on my own when not dealing with pregnancy hormones (apparently my normal hormone changes are worse than the pregnancy ones), so the pregnancy has actually had the opposite effect on me. I've been one happy-go-lucky girl for the most part! But when I am moody, Tom is pretty good at recognizing what is going on and now he just lets me get it out and then we laugh.