Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hi, I'm Greer, and I'm pregnant. (Hi, Greer)

I first met Emily and Todd at an event given for incoming students in the UGA MBA program. I am not much for large social gatherings and had relatively low expectations for meeting anyone that we would form any kind of bond with outside of the school. During my husband Joe's first year in the program, he was working full time and I was teaching ballet at night, so our social life was rather limited. I assumed that the same would happen in the 2nd year. Until we met the Duncans! After somehow discovering that all 4 of us loved to play board games and then exchanging cell phones numbers, my hopes were higher that perhaps we had stumbled onto an actual honest-to-goodness friendship. Fortunately I was right, and it has brought the 4 of us even closer now that we are experiencing our first pregnancies together a mere 2 months apart!

Joe and I met in high school in Augusta, GA but then went our own ways for college (him to UGA, me to Berry College in Rome, GA). Our friendship stayed intact, but it wasn't until my senior year that we re-kindled any kind of romance. It wasn't long after that, though, that we realized that we were in this thing for the long haul and we were married in April of 2007. Joe has been in Athens since he came here for his undergrad, and I moved here shortly before we got married. After completing his MBA last year, the insurance company he works for offered him a promotion and raise which we gladly accepted, which means we will remain in Athens for the next few years at least before re-evaluating and deciding where to settle semi-permanently. Our first "children" have been our two fabulous rescue mutts Libby and Baxter, who are going to make excellent furry siblings for our little one!

Our baby is due on November 14th, but like Melissa I am hoping that it decides to debut a little sooner than that. (As I'm sure you've noticed from the ambiguous pronouns, we are not finding out the gender of the baby!) I have also been measuring about a week or two big, and I am also not sure how much more my body can handle, especially since I am still teaching ballet 4 nights a week. I am finishing out the month at the dance studio and then have a sub coming into for me until after the holidays.

I am so excited to share this process and journey with all of you and can't wait to hear about everyone else's stories and lives. Here's to the beginning of a beautiful blog-ship!

(Joe and I entered into our pregnancy journey a little differently than most, but that is a whole other story that would take up a lot more room, so instead I'll link you to my own personal blog entry from April when we found out.)

2 comments:

  1. You went to Barry?!!! My brother went there, and actually still works there with their Windshape program. I am trying to think when he might have graduated...maybe 2005ish? I know it is a small school so maybe you might have heard his name, Ricky Escobar? Small world huh?

    mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. See?!?! We're bonding already!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete