Friday, October 30, 2009

I too got to do a dry run at Labor & Delivery last night. I got rear-ended by a really old lady driving way too fast way to late at night. I was actually on my way to dinner with Emily when it happened. Luckily everything was fine, and they didn't even make me stay the requisite 4 hours, so I was able to get home pretty fast. I think that makes 2 out of 5 for us that have been in fender-benders though--not really good odds.

Tom made fun of me when I bought my SUV because I insisted on getting the tow package, even though we don't actually own anything we can tow. It's just one of those things my parents always had on their cars, so I decided I needed it on mine. But it turns out the trailer hitch soaked up the impact, so my bumper wasn't even damaged. I just love when I'm right! :)

We also got to scope out a few of the items we would need to take with us that we wouldn't normally think about. For example, I still had on my high heels from work and had no socks. The thought of having to walk on the hospital floor barefoot just grossed me out--so I will be carrying socks everywhere I go for the next 7 weeks.

The baby really did not like those monitors though. She kept kicking right in the areas where they had the monitors on me. I am just so excited that I get to meet her soon--I have a feeling the next 7 weeks are going to drag by!

--Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're ok! Great advice on the socks. I'm still pretty far out from my delivery (hopefully,) but it wouldn't hurt to keep an extra pair of socks in my car.

    ReplyDelete