Well, I met Emily a few years before Todd came into the picture, and she actually went on a date with my husband before I did! Emily's friend from high school lived on Tom's hall. About 7 years later I was on a conference call at work and a guy from Commercial Defeasance introduced himself on the phone as Todd Duncan. I thought, "that name sounds familiar, is that the guy Emily is marrying from her wedding invitation?" At that point, I had heard lots about him, but had not ever met him. I called him back after the conference call and asked him if he "happened" to know Emily Leonard, and sure enough it was Emily's fiance! Finally got to meet him at their beautiful wedding, and I'm so glad Emily and I are now experiencing our first pregnancies together!
Tom and I met our freshman year of college, I was actually dating another guy that lived on his hall at the time, but he did not seem to care and kept asking me out anyway! Once we finally got together, that was it, and we got married the summer after graduation. We have been together almost 10 years now and married for 6 years. We live in Atlanta with our dog, Deacon, who I have a feeling is not going to be happy about losing his position as center of attention in the family.
I am due to have a baby girl on December 22, and we are sincerely hoping we don't end up in the hospital on Christmas Day. But we will be happy whenever she decides to make her appearance into the world. I have been feeling great the whole pregnancy, except that lately she seems to like to wake up any time that I am trying to go to sleep. So she has me in training with respect to coping with sleep deprivation. Last night she was moving around so much it was nauseating! Meanwhile, my husband was snoring peacefully beside me--there will be paybacks!
No comments:
Post a Comment