I don't know if you've all experienced it or not, but if you have, I'm sure you will agree that it SUCKS! I had a few pains in the beginning of my second trimester but it was infrequent enough that it didn't bother me too much. And then, as I got further into my second trimester it started happening every day, sometimes a few times a day! I tell you what, ouch!!!! Now that I'm into my third trimester it has subsided some, but definitely not completely. At my last doctor's appointment, I asked her if labor/contractions were anything like round ligament pain. She assured me that it was not, which for some reason gave me such relief. But she made sure that I new that that didn't mean labor was going to be pain-free, just a different kind of pain.
Hopefully the pain will continue back to infrequency. If you haven't experienced it yet, I would say hopefully you won't, but it does serve a purpose to ready our bodies for labor and delivery so I guess it's a good thing.
-Emily
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have definitely been feeling it. It started out not too bad right after I started my 2nd trimester, and now it is daily and pretty painful. I'm just looking at it like a blessing. It means that little baby Isaac is growing and needs more space so he can kick me some more. Hope your appointment went well today!
ReplyDelete