Last night Tom asked me if he could go to a baseball game tonight. I said "Sure, I can handle the baby." Joke's on me. This is a recap of my night: Baby started crying for dinner an hour earlier than usual. I made her oatmeal, but it was too hot to eat so we had to wait and let it cool. That made the baby REALLY mad. Baby is now screaming. I gave the baby her bottle while she was waiting for the oatmeal to cool so that she would stop screaming. She drank 3 oz. and then threw up the entire amount she had drunk--it was all over her, all over the floor and all over me. Now dinner is delayed even more because I have to clean up the mess. Baby is screaming again now because dinner is delayed. Gave up on oatmeal for the night and decided to just fix her a new bottle since she threw up the one I gave her before. No bottles clean. Dinner is delayed again. Baby is still screaming. The throw up and the screaming were really not normal for her, so I decided to take her temperature while waiting on the bottle. First thermometer reading was an error message. Had to take her temperature again. No temperature--great. Baby is still screaming at this point, but the bottles are clean so I can make her a new bottle quickly. I start feeding her the bottle and all is good. Then the dog starts acting like he is going to throw up. What a night!!! Baby is in bed now, dog is okay, and I am doing absolutely NOTHING for the rest of the night!
--Amanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aw man, that does not sound fun. I wonder what was going on...did you ever get her temp taken? I'm glad everything settled down. You deserve to do nothing for a night. Tom is never allowed out again! :-D
ReplyDeleteI am sorry, there is nothing worse then hungry baby and baby vomit all at the same time. I know when Andrew had the stomache flu about a month ago, he was throwing up everywhere. We ended up having to go to the hospital (long story, but he was fine) and they told us that it was going around big time, and not to be alarmed if it takes him a long time to get over it or if he seems to get better and then gets sick all over again. So now we keep a container of pedialite in the fridge "just in case". I am glad that it wasn't anything serious. Maybe she had worked herself up so much that she drank her bottle too fast thus causing the vomit...Andrew does that all the time! He is such a little piglet ;)
ReplyDeleteSo much for doing nothing--it ended up that she had a stomach bug. She woke up at 10:15 and vomited 4 more times. Then we called the doctor, who said to give her pedialite, but she was not even keeping that down. So, we ended up in the ER--they were able to give her some medicine to stop vomiting and she could keep down pedialite again. She's feeling better now, but we're still on pedialite only until later today.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear that. When we gave Andrew the pedialite, he wasn't too fond of it at first. We used our size one nipples so that it wouldn't come out too fast.
ReplyDeleteI know the hospital can be a scary place for a mommy and her baby. When we went they thought that his intestines were telscoping from all the diareaha Andrew had with the stomach flu. We had to have xrays and ultra sounds to rule it out. It turned out that since he was so uncomforatable because of being sick, and then hungry and vommiting all the time that he worked himself up so much with crying that his little belly was full of gas. After about a week he was getting back to normal, but poor little guy, he must have felt aweful! I hope your experience wasn't so tramatic. At this age, vomit can mean so many different things it is hard to figure out what is wrong with so many different senarios.