I have read that one of the symptoms of the beginning of teething is a minor cough due to the excess saliva production. Well, Hadley is definitely starting to show symptoms of teething, although I can't see any teeth actually popping up yet. I don't think that will happen for at least another month or two. But in the meantime, Hadley has discovered that she can make the coughing sound any time she wants to--not just when she needs to cough. It is her new favorite sound, and I don't think she has caught on to the fact that we can tell the difference between her real coughs and her fake coughs. Does anyone else's baby have the pseudo cough?
--Amanda
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Laine has been fake coughing for months now! She thinks it's hysterical. But I can definitely tell the difference between fake and real. Apparently babies learn pretty early on that coughing and sneezing get attention, so they learn to reproduce the sound. Smart little things, huh? :)
ReplyDeleteI remember when Laine started fake coughing. It was so funny. Molly's not there yet. I thought she might start catching on a few weeks ago when she had a cold but I think she was so thankful that she wasn't for real coughing anymore that she didn't want to fake cough!
ReplyDelete