Adam and I got to see our sweet little boy today for the last time (we think,) before he comes this month. This one was so different from our first views of Isaac, because he is obviously too big now to get in one nice clean shot. The great news is that he is head down with his cute little face towards my back. Based on his measurements, he's around 6 lbs, 4 oz, but of course that could be off. If we go the duration (which the doc says I probably will,) he'll be a little over 8 lbs. He has hair!! We figured he would, but its always nice to have it confirmed. I also had my first internal today. It really wasn't too bad! Doc says I'm barely dilated (wouldn't really call it a cm,) but that I am thinning out more than normal at this point. I think Adam's guess of the 27th of Feb. is way closer than mine of the 15th, but a girl can always dream.
I'm still having crazy sleep issues, but the good thing is that I can sleep in now that I have cut my work hours in half. I'm only teaching 10 students a week instead of 25, and that is only through next Friday. I'm just excited that the end is in sight!!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was only a "finger tip" dialated when I had my first internal, and Andrew came exactly a week later. I know that is not "the norm" but a girl can hope right??? What do you think you would do if she came on leap year...
ReplyDeleteMel
If Isaac were born in a leap yar, the whole nursery would have been frogs! It was the first thing Adam and I actually checked out when we learned we were pregnant. You definitely give me hope!! I'm just going to keep walking (lots of trips to Target left to make,) and eat fresh pineapple (they say that can actually speed up the dilitation process!)
ReplyDeleteSorry about the "she" slip :) I am so dense sometimes, I looked at the calendar and saw 28 days in Februrary, but my mind convinced itself that it was a leap year this year...
ReplyDeleteBe careful not to over do it, though the walking is supposed to help you go into labor, it might also tire you out when you need your energy the most. I too have heard the pineapple trick, let me know if that works for you, because I will use it for the next little one that comes my way! For me it was ice cream...I guess towards the end Andrew decided he needed something else in his diet other than cookies and cream!
mel