Friday, February 12, 2010

Crib Success!

Last night was Molly's first night in her crib!!! I was fully prepared to be up most of the night and was surprised when I woke up to hearing her on the monitor almost 5 hours after I had last fed her! Of course, I forgot to put down the Ultimate Crib Sheet and she spit up everywhere but I can handle that.

Melissa, I did use your advice of putting down a heating pad first and that really seemed to work well.

I really think our cat will end up being Molly's protector because now when I go into her nursery at night to feed her, Blue will sit in between the chair I nurse in and the door to the room...and she always faces the door like she's on look-out.

Hopefully last night wasn't a fluke and she will continue to lengthen her nighttime sleep duration! Mommy could use the sleep!

Emily

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that the heating pad trick worked. Andrew has always slept in his crib, but I think we started doing this right around the time that he didn't want to be tightly swadled. Now he is such a big boy, so more heating pad, no more swadling, and if we are lucky he will even go to bed without being a sleep...but we are still working on that one. It totally depends on his mood. It won't be too long before Molly starts surprising you and starts sleeping through the night. Andrew started doing this around 2.5 months, and it is amazing how much you forget about your sleepless night until you randomly get woken up at 4 am like we did this morning :)

    mel

    ReplyDelete