I think I'm so ready for Isaac to come that I am convincing myself that I am nesting. Is this a real phenomenon? Did any of you go through it, and if yes, how much longer until you gave birth to your bundles of joy?
Maybe its because I actually got good sleep this weekend, but I have all this energy!! The nursery is done, the house is clean (even the cabinets have all been wiped down!,) all the laundry is done, I finished my pregnancy scrap book, wrote 25 thank you cards, and I still had energy left today. I decided that my car just had to be cleaned. After 2 hours of window scrubbing, vacuuming, fabreezing, and glove compartment organizing, the car is officially perfectly polished. So this just leaves me with the question ~ am I nesting or are my crazy obsessive compulsive tendencies just making up for the lost months of me being too tired to function? I'm hoping its all nesting and that this burst of energy means I'm within a week of baby time! I guess only time will tell, but I am hoping for the best!! ~Andrea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nesting definitely happens, but i don't think it really says much about when the baby's coming unfortunately. i had a major bout of nesting in the second trimester... my house has never been so clean!
ReplyDeleteI never got the nesting urge...until my water broke, and we still had a million things to do :)But we also moved a three months before we had the baby, so most of our stuff had to be sorted, clean and organzied before Andrew came our way. I think it is great that you have all this new found energy though, now if you could only bottle it and store it for the first couple of weeks once Isaac arrived!
ReplyDeletemel
It would be great if I could bottle it! Maybe I could sell it and make a fortune so I wouldn't have to go back to work so soon after. I talked with my mom, and her nesting urge always came about 2 weeks before all of her kids were born. I guess if your labor follows your mom, I've still got a little more time to go.
ReplyDelete