Sunday, April 25, 2010

Random things

Every time I sit down at the computer to post, either Molly starts crying or I realize I'm too tired or plenty of other excuses that I make up on the spot. And then as soon as I walk away, I'm like 'oh my goodness there are so many things I want to post/ask about!' I should have written them down....hopefully I'll remember everything!

Molly is doing fabulous! Her average nights sleep is 9-11 hours though we did have one 12-hour night 2 nights ago!!! Last week wasn't as good though because she woke up several times during the night. From talking to other moms, I hear last week wasn't good for lots of babies!

We have tried the bumbo and I tell you what, she is not digging it! The problem is, Molly doesn't like to bend at the waist. Sitting is not her priority. She only wants to stand! Her little legs are so strong and she will stand on my lap for a long time.

Remember how Molly was the rolling over queen? I mean she started at 1 month and would practically roll over on command, every time we put her on her tummy. Well that is not her priority anymore either. She now only rolls over once a week or less and that's been going on for about a month. I wonder if it's partially because she started daycare and maybe they don't give her as much tummy time but I really think it's because she's focused on learning other skills.

Speaking of skills, she is a talker! She loves to form her mouth like yours is and makes lots of cooing noises. This morning she started talking during church!

Of course now I can't remember any of the questions I had but I'm sure they will come to me...and this time I'll write them down! I love seeing pictures of your little ones and hope you keep them coming!

-Emily

2 comments:

  1. Well...we know where she got the talking from!! Are you guys going to do any sign language with her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadley "forgot" how to roll over for a while too--around the same age that Molly is now. But once she mastered holding her head up 90 degrees for long periods, she just started doing it again. I think they just get busy concentrating on other skills and forget to practice the ones they already know. Now Hadley rolls over both ways!

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete