Friday, April 16, 2010

solids!

getting the hang of "open wide"

cheesin' for daddy and the camera

yum!

by george, i think she likes it!

still getting used to the spoon...


It's official- Laine now eats "solid" food! I gave my baby food maker (the Beaba Babycook- totally awesome and makes making your own baby food SO easy) it's first test run with some squash last weekend and we gave Laine her first taste on Monday since Joe was home from work part of the day. She caught on pretty quickly and seemed to enjoy the new experience. Since then I have been giving her squash once a day at her second morning meal and she is getting to be a pro (although now I am definitely grateful for all of the bibs that have been waiting for use in a kitchen drawer... between veggies and drool they are definitely going to get good use now!). Next on the menu are sweet potatoes and avocados, then we will probably do one more veggie (carrots?) before trying out some fruit.

In other news, I decided to audition for a musical - Carousel - that a community theatre group (Town and Gown Players) is putting on here in Athens and am thrilled to have gotten a great part. It's one of the first things I have done purely for myself in a long time... I haven't done any performing since college (I was a theatre major, dance minor) and have definitely been itching to get back on the stage. While I love teaching my kiddos at the dance studio, I always get a little jealous of them when they get to be ONstage instead of BACKstage. Joe has been so supportive- we always look forward to the summer when I am not working and can be home in the evenings together more, but he was willing to sacrifice some of that for me to be able to do this. Plus, he says he likes his time with Laine (awwww). Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your part!!! I totally understand your feelings on missing that performance feeling. Everytime my kids have their recital, I get that itch again. I can't wait to hear how your performances go. Laine makes eating solids look like so much fun! If you get some good recipes to share, please post them. I'll need them before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for your for doing something for yourself!

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, so far I have just been doing plain old veggies by themselves. I do have a few baby cookbooks now, so when she gets a bit older I will certainly pass them along!

    ReplyDelete