Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cake Boss


I love the show Cake Boss, and I figure I will have to make a few birthday cakes in the coming years. So, I have taken up the hobby of cake decorating. I rarely ever do stuff like this, but I think it will be fun. This is my first effort. I'm not exactly a pro yet, but I start a cake decorating class in May.

On a different note, Hadley is trying oatmeal cereal for the first time today. Her doctor recommended that we skip rice cereal and go straight to oatmeal or barley because it has more nutritional value. How often per day should we give it to her? Should we do a breakfast, lunch and dinner of cereal with bottles in between if she is hungry? Should we give cereal and a bottle at a meal or just try to stick with one or the other?

Emily--how is daycare going? Hadley has to start daycare in less than a month! Yikes!

--Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Will your services be available for hire for all our birthdays next year? I love the butterfly. Have fun with the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I know you have made the comment that you want to do butterflies for Hadley's first birthday party. I think you should! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Services are available for first birthday parties--for a small fee ;) I will be even better by then because I will have completed a class or two!

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete