Well, last week I went to a class called Group Groove. You can imagine what it's like: Top 40 music with workout and dance moves, lots of hip action, etc. I was pumped....and then the class started. I felt like I had never swayed my hips in my life! Things were shaking that have never shook before, and never should shake again! I have never felt so uncoordinated! I almost moved myself to the back of the class. They were shimmying and jumping up and down and I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time cause it hurt my boobs so bad! I'm not sure how those Baywatch lifeguards run with those things flopping around!
Now I know, intellectually, that I had given birth to my daughter a mere 2 months before and I shouldn't be expected to immediately be able to do all the things I could do before I was pregnant. But emotionally, I was a wreck!
So, the first step is to get a new sports bra. A girl in our New Mama group recommended bras from Title Nine so I think Greer and I are going to order some and check them out. Next step is to keep going back to the classes. The only way I'm going to get back in shape is to keep moving!
Here's to hoping the weather gets warm again and stays warm so we can start walking outside and enjoy the sun!
Emily
Here's to hoping the weather gets warm again and stays warm so we can start walking outside and enjoy the sun!
Emily
I've not really recovered yet, but I completely can relate. Isaac and I started walking this week, and I thought I could easily walk up to the block and back. After 20 minutes, I seriously had a stitch in my side. We're going to take things slow for a few more weeks, but I can't imagine doing a whole aerobic workout right now. Kudos to you for getting back into the swing of things so quickly!
ReplyDeleteI actually had some hip pain about 6-8 weeks after which I think might have been my hips popping back into place--really put a crimp in my style for a week or two.
ReplyDeleteMy boobs have shrunk now that I am not breastfeeding anymore and I think they are even a little smaller than they were pre-pregnancy. So enjoy them now--jiggle and all!
--Amanda
Well, I don't quite know how you feel, but I can tell you that it was painful for myself for at least a month after my c section. The worst was only for the first couple of weeks though, and I am sure the stairs to my condo didn't help any...I can remember going to Target for random baby stuff, and wishing I could get into one of those motorized carts! lol!!!
ReplyDeleteBut now four months later, I would hardly tell that I had a baby. Although I can tell that my energy level is pretty much non existant. I feel like I get the most rest now than I ever did before, now that he sleeps through the night, but I am exsausted and passing out on the sofa by 9 pm most nights! Now that the weather is improving we are walking a ton more and slowly my energy level is improving. Talk about a visious cycle though. No exercise = no energy, and no energy does not motivate me to exercise. Has anybody else felt this way, or am I just crazy and my body is still making up for all those sleepless nights???