Isn't it great how rainy days make you reflect on and enjoy the simpler things in life? Hadley was napping while I was holding her upright this morning after one of her feedings and I took her up to the nursery to *attempt* to put her in her crib. But then I looked outside at the rainy day, and I thought, I don't have anything else to do today, especially since it is raining, so I am just going to hold her. I ended up holding her for three hours while she slept peacefully in my arms, and it was just the most wonderful thing! I just never imagined what it would feel like to want so badly to protect someone from the ways of the world, and yet I know that one day she will grow up and make her own decisions and I will not be able to protect her. I just hope that I can give her the foundation she needs to make the right decisions when the time comes.
Can she stop growing up already? Can't she just stay this small forever?
--Amanda
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment