First of all, congratulations to Melissa and Greer on their new babies! I haven't posted in a while, so I had not officially congratulated them yet. I'm so glad to hear both of your babies are healthy and that the mom's are doing well!
The first two trimesters of my pregnancy were really easy for me, but I have been having a bit of a hard time in the third trimester. My baby was breached during the first two trimesters, and she has now finally turned head down, but the process was agonizing for me! She was pressing on my spine and hips so much that I was having sciatica and hip pain. And let me tell you, that is no joke. I could not walk, sit, stand or sleep. I used to be on a swim team when I was younger, but I had not swam laps in about 9 or 10 years. I finally broke down and got a pass at a gym that had a pool and swam some laps just so I could tire myself out and get some sleep. And even then, I could not really kick my legs, so it was basically my arms doing all the work.
I finally started feeling better after about 3-4 weeks, and now the pain is completely gone, thank goodness! As soon as I started feeling better though, the nesting urge kicked into full gear. We have been working hard on the nursery and finally finished it last week, except for a ceiling mobile that is arriving in the mail next week.
Turns out it's a good thing we finished. Last time I went to the doctor they were a little concerned because my belly was measuring a little small. So I had to get an ultrasound this week. Our little girl is about 5 lbs. 15 oz. now, so the good news is that they are not very worried about her size since my husband and I are both relatively short and not very big people in general. The bad news is that my amniotic fluid was low, to the point that they want me to come back on Tuesday for an ultrasound and if it is still low they may induce on Wednesday. It would only be 2 weeks early at that point and I am full term now, so she would not be considered a premie. I've been getting so impatient to meet her, but when they told me it might be in less than a week, I got a little panicky! They've told me to drink lots of water and get lots of rest--I actually drank like 84 oz. of water on each of the past two days, plus juice, plus milk. And...I have also been living in the bathroom. Think I might just take my pillow in there tomorrow night so I don't have to get in and out of bed so much!
Anyway, I will keep you guys posted on what happens on Tuesday. If my fluids are back up, then we will just sit and wait so she can grow a little bit more. But if not, then we'll be a mommy and daddy a little sooner than we thought!
--Amanda
The nursery looks fantastic! So cute. I'm sorry you've had such a hard time in your last few weeks, but the idea of meeting your little girl must be exciting. Hope evevrything goes well the rest of your pregnancy! ~ Andrea
ReplyDelete