Monday, December 14, 2009

Isaac is SOOO grounded

You read the title right. My little sumo wrestler is grounded until he can learn to treat his mother a little nicer. I know that Emily can still identify with me on this. Isaac is seriously starting to wear out his welcome. Don't get me wrong. I want him to stay nice and cozy for about another 2 months, but we need to set up some ground rules. The first being, do not kick or press your monster head up against my rib cage. I spent about 2 hours last night (starting at 1AM) feeling my monster of a baby pressing up against my ribs. He wasn't kicking; that would have been better because at least there would have been still moments. Isaac would just cozy up and put pressure right under rib cage to point where I almost couldn't breath. I finally got him to move by taking a long hot shower with the water pointed directly at my tummy. Not fun, especially when I had to teach a singing lesson at 7:45 AM. This isn't the first time he's done this, and I'm sure it won't be the last. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will only get worse from here. Hopefully, we can come to some kind of truce where at least he doesn't do it while I'm trying to sleep or teach someone how to breath. I promise, I'll buy you a pony if you stop! ~ Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Careful... my friend promised her baby girl a pony one night if she would sleep 5 hours straight and of course she slept for 6. So now she gets a pony for her 5th birthday! HA! But in all seriosuness, hang in there. The end is definitely the hardest part, but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...he thinks he's getting a real pony, but I'm going to do the ole switcharoo like that commercial where the girl gets a little toy pony instead of the real one. If only Isaac could read the fine print! The time really is flying by! I'm sure you think the same thing with your little girl. Post some pics! I'd love to see how much she's grown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny to read this post cause it makes me think back about 2 months. I remember hanging out with Greer one night (she was then at the point that I am now) and she was talking about how ready she was to get Laine out of her and how uncomfortable she was and what not. That night, after she and Joe had left, I was talking to Todd and I was like "I know Greer's further along than I am but I just don't think that I'll be ready to get our daughter out. I'm just enjoying this too much. Blah blah blah. Yadda yadda yadda." I was so naive!

    Well here I am, 35 1/2 weeks pregnant, and I am so ready to meet my daughter and not have her beating me up any more!

    I'm due Jan 15th but I've decided either an 01/01/10 or an 01/10/10 birthday would be pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete