For posting this post! You all must remind me, if we are still writing this blog when are kids are in middle school, that I MUST delete this post so poor Molly doesn't feel exposed! :-D
Ok, so I know it's been a while since I posted and I have a lot to tell y'all. I'll probably do it in a series of posts but I wanted to start with this situation. For those of you who have girls, or will have girls in the future, this may help you feel a little more at ease if the doctor gives you the same news (it's not as bad as I'm making it sound!)
Anyway, lately Molly has had a really bad rash on her cheeks and really bad diaper rash (I will post more about those later). Anyway, her body was trying to heal the diaper rash by closing up the little blisters but it seems that her body is an overachiever! Those little blisters weren't the only thing that was closing... What does she mean?!!? you ask yourself. Molly's female area was also closing up! After learning this about her and talking to some people, it seems that while not common, it's not that unheard of.
So for the past 2 weeks we have had to use an estrogen cream on Molly to help things open back up. Over time it would have opened naturally but the longer it's closed the more risk she would be at for bladder infections and uti's so we are helping it along.
Things are opening and we now only have to use the cream once a day (instead of twice like the last 2 weeks). We still have about 3 or 4 weeks to use the cream before things are really back to normal.
We try to look at the bright side: in Todd's words: "At least she can't get knocked up!"
I just hope, if you get similar news in the future, you can think back to this post and know that you are not alone!
-Emily
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have never heard of this, but I am glad I finally know something that might help somebody else somewhere down the line ;)
ReplyDeleteI thought you were going to tell us that she "found" herself! Do you know if this is painful at all, or is it really just hard to tell because of the blisters? I am curious about the blisters too. I have heard some really nasty things about Pampers with dray max, or something like that...they have given lots of children really nasty diaper rashes. We have been actively avoiding this product, but have never had that kind of issue with Pampers in general, just trying to be cautious.
I hope everything else has been going smoothly! I need a Molly/bunny picture fix!
Whoa...I've never heard of that! I'm glad she's getting better. We've heard that too, Melissa, about dry max. We got one package as a gift from our shower, and when we opened them they smelled so chemically that we ended up not using them. We do use pampers, but not dry max. I think I'll have to write just Melissa about our current little problem. I think its just a boy thing, but I didn't think we'd have to clean what we affectionately call Isaac's "junk hand" after every diaper change. Fun.
ReplyDeletethat sounds like Isaac has "found" himself :) Andrew sticks his hands downt there randomly but not for "pleasure" yet. Who knew that boys really are programed this way!
ReplyDeletemel