It has been awhile since I've posted, not because things have not been exciting around here, but because things are just busy. Isaac just turned 9 months, and we had our check up today. Other than being a huge drama queen about finger pricks and flu shots he's a happy healthy little boy. He's slimmed down a little, and is now in the 75% clear across the board ~ 21 lbs 11 oz and 28 1/4 inches long. He's also getting all four of his front teeth at the same time! Kinda surprised me when the doctor told me cause he hasn't been drooling as much as he used to and I couldn't feel anything in his mouth. Teeth are coming though!
He is doing great with food and his sippy. We actually have dropped 3 bottles including his last bottle before bedtime, which I thought would be a challenge. He just has one more bottle with his afternoon snack. Everything else is in a sippy now and with a meal. We are looking for more options for finger foods, because he has started to reject some of the normal mush. He really does like eating "people" food, so if you have found anything that has worked for you all, please share! Thanksgiving was fun to try some of the table food, and I think we'll be starting some pastas, and casseroles soon. I just have to get over my small case of OCD before I let him make a big mess.
I LOVE Christmas time, but decorating was a little different this year since Isaac is cruising along. I'm sure for those of you with full on toddlers, its been quite an adventure to baby proof Christmas time. Luckily, Isaac responds really well to word no. We're talking full on tantrums when he hears that word! Adam and I just laugh when we see that lip pout out and the tears start pouring.
We're also going through some pretty bad separation anxiety when I leave for work. His nanny is nice, but if he's awake when I leave there is always a meltdown. Like everything now, we're just trying to ignore the behavior and make nothing of it so he doesn't reinforce those habits or get spoiled. It was so nice to have the past week off, and I'm looking forward to having the last 2 weeks off in December to just stay home. I do go a little stir crazy sometimes though, so if Emily and Melissa want to hang out, I am open and available!
Well, I guess that's it! Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas season!! ~Andrea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment