Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Eye spy...

So Andrew has his first eye doctor appointment Thursday. I think I have mentioned this in a previous post. I am so nervous because, well that is what mommies do, they get nervous before doctors appointments that are out of the norm. My ped is concern that Andrew's eyes are a little crossed. It is something I have noticed, but just assumed he would grow out of...guess he already passed that part of development and it is still funny looking. I think the diagnoses she is assuming is esotropia, but we are off to the eye doctor to get his expert opinion. His father and I have horrible vision and knew that glasses were in his future but not so soon and not anything more than corrective vision. Other possibilities that I have researched include a) nothing his face makes it look like he has a problem, but once he grows into his face he will look normal :) b) he would wear glasses or a patch...can you see my little boy wearing a patch, I mean "We are the Pirates of ECU- Hey!!!" sort of thing but wearing an eye patch is just taking it to a whole other level. or c) surgery...guess we will find out soon enough. I just wished I could fast forward a few days and just know what the doctor thinks already. Patience isn't one of my favorite virtues...

mel

1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking about you! Let us know what they say on Thursday.

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete