So it turns out that Molly has a sensitivity to bananas.....BANANAS.....bananas! Really, who can't eat bananas?!?! They are a staple in our household and Molly loved them. Hence the reason her rash was staying around so long and I couldn't get rid of it. She was eating mostly bananas while I worked to figure out what the sensitivity was. Silly mommy! Anyway, once we got rid of bananas her face cleared right up. I am still in the process of reintroducing everything back into her diet though. A couple of days ago I gave her black beans and then 2 days later she broke out into a rash. I don't think it was the black beans though....that night I rubbed her face with olive oil, a suggestion from the pediatrician for her eczema....the next morning her face looked like a strawberry! So my kid might have a sensitivity to olive oil too, at least topically......well, with all the skin problems and allergies I have none of this is too much of a stretch for my daughter.
I'm sad about the bananas, mainly cause they're so easy, but that's not to say that she might outgrow the sensitivity. I'll try them again after she turns one (which is not that far away!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment