Monday, September 6, 2010

Standing up is worse than Sitting up!

I tell you what! Now that Molly has learned to pull herself up we are having a nightmare of a time at nap time. This morning we 'fought' for 40 min, with herself standing 4 different times, before she fell asleep for only 30 min! This afternoon it has also been about 30-40 min with her standing 3 times, though I think she has just fallen asleep (fingers crossed!)

Because she is now crawling and standing in her crib, we no longer use her sleep sack. I absolutely LOVE that thing! And Molly does not go to sleep well if she is cold. That stinks for nap time because I can't just put her down if she is in shorts or a skirt because she gets too cold. So I'm having to change her into pants before I put her down for a nap.

When she first learned to sit up we went through a similar process but I feel like it didn't take as long. That could be attributed to teething! What an awful design flaw! I mean really, your teeth have to cut through flesh to come out? We have bought Hyland's Teething Tablets to try. Our doctor recommended them. He says he doesn't think Orajel does anything so I'm taking his word. Have any of y'all tried the teething tablets? I am so ready for the teething process to be over but know, that with only 1 tooth in, we have a long way to go!

It's crazy how fast these milestones happen. I am kind of baby proofing as we go along but I'm realizing we have A LOT to do. Since we're still in an apt we are so cluttered! (soooooooooo ready to buy a house!)

-Emily

1 comment:

  1. We used to have the same problem with nap time. I used to put Hadley in a sleep sack before nap time, but at daycare they don't do that. I was reluctant at first to take a blanket, but I eventually did send her a very, very light blanket. It is very thin cotton, almost mesh. So I don't think she is at too much risk for suffocation/SIDS with it. At this point, she is able to get things away from her face, so I think it is okay.

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete