Thursday, September 30, 2010

I am such a slacker...but my kid sure is cute, does that make up for it?


Sorry ladies, I don't remember the last time I posted, but I am sure it has been months. I cannot believe this blog has been up for a year at this point. Andrew's birthday party is around the corner and the idea of baby proofing hard core and looking for a new place to live to accommodate a growing child is daunting. This little boy is out of control; he is a professional crawler and is cruising all over the furniture. My favorite thing he is doing right now is pulling up the the kitchen table and trying to pull himself up off his toes! I swear it is the cutest thing seeing him try to pull up with all his might. And to make it that much cuter he is sticking his tongue out when he is "concentrating" and it cracks me up!


I think I mentioned to you guys that Andrew was a little behind developing his fine and gross motor skills. Well, we are coming to the close of our therapy sessions and he is doing amazing, it just took him awhile to get there. I am so proud of him and he is equally as proud of himself with all his new accomplishments-it is written all over his face.


Our biggest challenge right now include sippy cups (which I think we have finally found one he likes) and eating. By the way, he loves the "born free 6 month +" sippy cups. They are more bottle like and they have removable handles. He has no problem holding his bottles I think the spouts on the ones we have been trying are just too big and awkward in his mouth. This little boy loves to eat. He eats all his purees and formula in addition to puffs and mum mums. But anything that looks like real food (except for bananas) he hates. He gets all chocked up and angry. I need any suggestions you can give me. I spoke to the doctor and she said that children with reflux usually have a hard time eating finger foods. For me not to push pieces of food in his baby food and eventually he will get it.


By the way I am so ready for Halloween, this kid is going to be so cute in his little costume...he just hates the hood part of his outfit...


mel


5 comments:

  1. That picture is too adorable! What a happy little guy! I'm so glad to hear he's doing so amazing, and I just can't believe you'll have a one year old soon. I might have to give those sippy cups a try. I think we have 4 different kinds, and Isaac will drink out of all of them, but he will fuss about it until we finally give in and let him have his bottle. We at least managed to drop the morning bottle, but I think his dinner bottle is going to give us a huge challenge. Can't wait to see the halloween costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I spoke too soon about the sippy cup. He used it one day, and nothing. But on the bright side he is finally getting his first tooth. Anybody have experience in dealing with sippy cups while teething? I am wondering if that is his bigger issue. So instead of just pressuring him into it since he basically just cried yesterday for 30 minutes and was histerical for about another hour after that...we are going to try to switch him over to milk this month. Maybe that will be an easier process...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that taking the spill-proof valve helps with the sippy cups. Hadley had a hard time getting anything out with the spill-proof valve in it. I think that since she couldn't get anything out of it, she didn't realize anything was supposed to come out of it. Once we took the spill-proof out she has taken to them quite well. It is still a work in progress though.

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading about that. I have heard the three best things are either a)put watered down juice in the sippy cup b)take the valve out to help with sucking c)try a straw sippy cup...I think we are going to stop for a week and then try it again with a different approach and see how it works. The only other alternative i can think of is just get rid of the bottles and he will figure it out eventually...but I hate that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly does fine sipping water out of sippy cups, especially ones with a straw, but her problem is that she forgets to swallow! So I can only give her her cup if I have a spare outfit to change her into when she's done. I mean, she gets SOAKED! I might try to express some milk and put it in there and see if that gives her more incentive to swallow.

    You're right, they will figure it out eventually so I don't think we need to stress over it.

    ReplyDelete