(The post title is actually what Todd calls Molly because of the way her hips shake!)
I can't believe how my life is changing every day. Not in any bad way, and not in any drastic way....but Molly just keeps me on my toes! Of course, she's learned to crawl. She is in no way the speed demon that Laine is, but still she's on the move. Up until recently she would crawl to get a toy a few feet away but that was pretty much it. She could crawl longer distances, she just didn't. And she didn't get the concept that if I was not right next to her, she could actually crawl to me. Normally she just sits and cries until I come to her. That being said, yesterday Molly actually left me. We were sitting on the floor playing like normal when she just up and crawled away. Not just a few feet away, she left the room! She headed straight into her room and started playing in there. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, and I truly encourage the independence, but a little piece of my heart ached. My baby, she's growing up! I can just imagine the first time, when I drop her off at Kindergarten, that she walks into the class without even looking back at me. I know we're a ways from that, but as fast as these 7 1/2 months have gone by, 4 or 5 years really aren't that far away!
And not only crawling, but she has been found standing in her crib! And every day she practices pulling up on me and then letting go so she can stand on her own!!! :-o It only lasts a few seconds and then she throws herself down on me (which means I better be paying attention to catch her!) but still, another sign of her independence. And I don't have to coerce her into doing it, she will actually push your hands away so she can stand.
I am loving every stage so far. I understand why some people just have one child, because we are having so much fun just the two of us during the day, and the three of us at night. But I also understand why people with 7 1/2 months old are ready to have another child (don't worry, I'm not there yet). Cause I miss those snuggles that I use to get! (I have a friend with a 5 month old who is pregnant! Her kids will be 13 months apart.....I'm not that crazy!)
-Emily
So glad to get an update on Molly! Give me a call soon! Miss you guys in GA!
ReplyDelete--Amanda