Sunday, October 24, 2010

First the updates...












Where did the last 10 1/2 months go? I don't think a year has ever gone by so fast! Hadley is crawling, pulling up and cruising all over the place. And she has been experimenting with letting go the last few days too--so far it hasn't worked out in her favor. She is so much fun right now because she is starting to interact with us more. If we throw her one of her rings or a ball, she will throw it back (although it might go the opposite direction of where we are sitting). She knows how to give five (high and low), and she loves to wave at herself in the mirrors on the cribs at daycare.

She is also a sneaky little thing. Her daycare teachers have told me that although she has never taken a pacifier at home, and in fact gets angry if you try to give her one, she steals the other kids' pacifiers at daycare. And I'm not talking about picking them up off the floor if they drop them--she steals them right out of their mouths! I didn't believe them when they first told me that, but I saw her do it last week when I dropped her off.

And she is a bottomless pit! She is a tiny little thing, but she can pack away some food. We have not really found anything she does not like yet. Luckily, she is almost entirely on table food. The only baby food we bought this week was prunes. Because with big girl food comes big girl poop, and she is not liking that part of the deal.

We took her to a pumpkin patch last weekend. As you can tell from the picture, she was not a big fan of the big pumpkins, but we bought her a little mini pumpkin.

Now, for the fun part--ear infections. That post coming momentarily...

--Amanda

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I am so sorry to hear about the ear infections (so far we have not had to experience any of that... knock on wood!). What all are you feeding her now? I am at a loss for what to give Laine sometimes... I feel like she is always eating the same things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures of her! She is so grown up!! Molly actually was the same way about pacis, she hated them, but when we have playgroups she steals them out of other babies' mouths! What is up with that?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greer--I have been trying to cook things for dinner that are soft and easy to break up into small pieces for her, which means we are actually eating a lot of casseroles right now. She eats lots of frozen veggies that I cook until soft--broccoli and cauliflower(florets only--the stems are too tough), carrots, green peas, etc. Canned green beans are good too because they are really soft. For lunch the veggie steamers for one are good because I can heat them up quickly in the microwave and then cut them up. I have also given her macaroni and cheese, pasta with tomato sauce, sliced cheese cut into small pieces and crackers, muffins, cheerios, etc.

    ReplyDelete