I wasn’t prepared or ready for this yet!!! About 2 weeks ago, Isaac started drooling beyond belief. I just thought it was normal, and I’ve been told by the dentist that I have an abnormally high amount of saliva, so maybe that got passed on. The more I’m talking to people, and the more I’m reading and seeing the signs in Isaac, I actually think he’s teething at only 3 months!! AHHH! I was not prepared to start dealing with this phase so early. Everyone who has seen Isaac has told me the same thing. He has this cough because he has so much drool, he’ll get fussy when he tries to drink his bottle (I think because of the pressure of sucking,) and he wants to chew and gnaw on EVERYTHING! He has actually given himself a hickey on his wrist from biting and sucking on it so hard at night. We had to put on sock on it to help it heal. Unfortunately, Isaac is too young for baby orajel, and his mouth is still too small for traditional teething rings. We found a cool pacifier ( http://amzn.com/B001ET5U2E) that is supposed to help, so we’ve ordered that and we’re also letting him chew on his lambie (soothie blanket.) Right now he loves having his upper gums massaged by the baby toothbrush, so that’s what we’re doing half way through his bottles to make him feel better. I guess maybe its his top teeth that are coming first. I heard that it can be either his tops or bottoms that come first, and that it can take about month for them actually to cut through. We moved up to the stage 2 nipples so he doesn’t have to suck as hard to get his food. I guess we’ll see what happens! ~ Andrea
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Try Hylands Teething tablets...they are homeopathic and have worked wonders for my son with teething!! they are lil chalky tablets that dissolve super fast and are supposed to be a natural way of numbing their gums! some people dont feel they help their child but 16 teeth later i think they def. helped us!
ReplyDelete-ashley (a friend of emily's)
Thank you! I'll definitely look for some at Babies R Us later today.
ReplyDeleteI have heard good things about those teething tablets. I was just telling Joey that I think Andrew is teething too...and since he isn't putting anything besides his hands in him mouth, I held a teething ring for about 15 minutes this weekend. I hope his little hands don't get messed up. By the way, my doctor said you can also give them a little (like half a dose) of Tylenol (obviously the generic kind). We tried that and it seemed to help. Good luck!
ReplyDelete