As most of you have probably seen, on Facebook I asked people what they put in the bag they took to the hospital and what they wish they had taken. Now I know 2 of us don't have to worry about this anymore so they can weigh in on what they wish they had taken. If the rest of you have any other good ideas definitely respond!
Here is the list of everything people have suggested (I'm not necessarily taking all of this but wanted to share it all anyway):
Chapstick
Hairbands
Slippers
Your own pillow (1 person said bring as many as you can!)
Lanolin
Ipod with soothing music
Nursing tank top
Lansenoh
Boppy
Travel sized shampoo and soap
Toothbrush and Toothpaste
Suckers
Phone/charger
Camera/charger/batteries
my mommy said to bring my mommy! :-D
lots of people said snacks!
a craft project
DVDs
my husband's button down shirts (comfy and easy to nurse in)
blanket
exercise ball (my hospital has those)
oils and candles
socks
Always super long overnight pads
a few different outfits for baby because we don't know how big she'll be
going home outfits for baby
going home outfits for mom (pants big enough because I don't know how big I'll be!)
nightgown for after delivery
I'm going to do like my friend Ashley suggested and have my bag together now (I've already packed it!) but put a list with it now with everything that I will have to add last minute like camera and stuff
If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear it! We're all going to be moms before we know it!!!!
-Emily <><
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
if you bring pillows make sure they are in colored pillowcases and not white ones so the hosptial staff doesn't think they are theirs when they change your linens. I wouldn't bring too many snacks except for DH. cuz while in labor you can't have food and most hospitals have a refreshment room on the floor where u can get snack stuff! Also, i doubt u can have oils and candles at a hospital :) we brought some dvds and books and stuff but never used any of those cuz i was in too much pain for them and we just watched tv if we need entertainment during our stay. i def. recommend that u bring as little as u can cuz its less stuff for u to worry about!! wow I just wrote an essay of a response :)
ReplyDeleteI heard from someone to definitely bring your pillow, but to use older pillow cases cause you don't know if they will get messy during all the excitement of birth. I think we're going to try to keep it simple, but our laptop is on our list so I can upload pics and keep everyone up to date (or more likely ~ Adam can keep everyone up to date!)
ReplyDeleteA couple more things people have told me as I packed my bag:
ReplyDelete1. Take a towel or two with you everywhere you go from now until D-day because you don't know when your water will break and apparently it does not stop flowing for a while once it starts. Makes for a mess in the car I have heard.
2. A baby book--the hospital will put the baby's handprints and footprints in it.
--Amanda
I was really happy I brought my own pillows. It made it more comfortable leading up to delivery and for nursing. I had my "my breast friend" pillow, but it was too awkward to use in the hospital bed. I mentioned pads already. The ones the provide were so uncomfortable, and that is speaking from somebody that had a c section; there is no telling what it would have felt like if I had Andrew vaginally.
ReplyDeleteAs for my husband, I would have thought to pack him so real coffee. All we had at the hospital was instant stuff, or you could go to the cafeteria and get some crappy stuff. The break room on our floor had a coffee maker, just nothing to make coffee with. Also, you have no idea how your hormones are going to affect your body temperature. I am usually cold blooded, and I was freezing my husband out of our room. So you might want to make sure you have a blanket for him. I know that the hospital has plenty of blankets, but it isn't quite the same.
I TOTALLY SECOND THE TOWEL SUGGESTION. Fortunately my water broke at home, but I went through several bottoms before I actually made it to the hospital, and I didn't think about using a towel until we were about to leave the house. Plus that is what you will be using as under garments when you get to the hospital...
hope this helps you guys!
mel
A thought about maxi pads...if you need stitches after labor, the stitches can get stuck in the dry weave on some pads so be careful about what you buy.
ReplyDeleteAlso, my water broke at work and I was totally embarrassed sitting there waiting for my husband to come get me, sitting in the dr office waiting for them to confirm it was my water, and then waiting at the hospital for my room...so yeah, I recommend a towel and a change of pajama or sweatpants from now on!