Went to the doctor today for one of our every-other-week appointments. Always nice to hear the little girl's heartbeat! Anyway, I have been debating about getting the H1N1 vaccine for the past month or 2 but wasn't too worried about making a decision because we didn't have the vaccine in Athens yet. It seems we do now! I was offered the vaccine today and at first didn't know what I was going to do. Todd is strongly for it but I was still on the fence. I trust my midwife so much though, that when I asked her if she would get it if she was pregnant, and she immediately said yes, I knew that I would trust her on this as well. So I got the vaccine. I don't know if it was the right decision or not but as Todd pointed out, that's parenthood. Constantly second guessing the decisions that you make for the welfare of your children but just doing the best you can with the information you have.
-Emily <><
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I read your blog update about getting the h1n1 shot and I def. think you made the right decision...i know there has been so much debate about it but knowing my mom has had two babies delivered early at wake med and in the nicu because of early delivery all because the moms have had h1n1 and it comprised the mothers immunes systems...one mother ended up dying and the other is currently in a coma. i'm not trying to freak you out just trying to show you that you made a good decision for you and your daughter. i had to make the decision to get it for jack and i weighed the possible side effects of the shot vs. how h1n1 coud affect him and the h1n1 it self could cause him much more harm. being a mother and making decisions for yourself and yoru child's well being can be very hard sometimes.
ReplyDelete-ashley (a friend of emily's)
Hey ladies, my friend ashley (above) facebooked me her comment and I asked if she minded posting it. I still don't know what I think but I really appreciated her thoughts and knowing the things that her mom has seen. Thought y'all might be interested.
ReplyDeleteLove!
Emily <><
good decision.
ReplyDeleteI actually caved in and got it on Monday as well. I was actually able to get hold of the package inserts online directly from the manufacturers of both the regular flu vaccine and the H1N1 vaccine. I compared the ingredients and they are exactly the same except that the H1N1 contains a different strain of the virus. I already got the regular flu shot, so after seeing that, I felt comfortable.
ReplyDelete