Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Breech baby no more!

So at my 34 week appointment we found out baby girl, or 'little sister' as Molly calls her, was still breech. I was bummed about the news because another friend who is pregnant had to schedule a version and c-section because her daughter was still breech (but luckily her baby turned in time). Anyway, for almost 2 weeks I had to lie on my back with pillows under my hips making my hips about 18in high with my head still on the ground for 15 minutes, 2-3 times a day. It sure was a pain but it worked! At my next midwife appointment she had turned head down and we got to see her on ultrasound to confirm.

So that's a big relief. Our new focus is that she was facing to the side and not to the back. She still have plenty of time to face the back but the midwife recommended that I don't lie on my back or even recline at all. I'm going to start swimming as well because that is suppose to help convince her to get in position as well.

I can't believe I'm at the point where I now have weekly doctor's appointments! I have my GBS test on Thursday so hopefully I will get a break and that will be negative. Otherwise I'll just keep plugging along!

No comments:

Post a Comment