Thursday, December 8, 2011

Almost Ready for Hadley's Baby Sister!

Well, I was trying to get motivated to do some of the million things I need to do this afternoon while Hadley is napping, but I could not get motivated to do a single one! So I decided to write a post instead. I am now 36 weeks with Hadley's baby sister, and was already 50% effaced when in the Dr.'s office a few days ago. The doctor said that was normal for this point in a second pregnancy, but it seems like a lot, since I was about 0% effaced and 0% dilated at 38 weeks when I had Hadley. Ultrasounds have all been normal so far and the baby is head down now, but she will probably only be a little bigger than Hadley was---about 6 or 6.5 lbs.

We brought up all the little baby gear from the basement a few weeks ago to put in the nursery. I can't wait to hold this little baby soon! However, as we were bringing up all the gear, I realized that the amount of gear you need for a small baby directly correlates with the amount of work it is! I don't remember being overwhelmed last time because I just had no idea what I was getting myself into. This time I know how much work it will be on how little sleep, and it is a little overwhelming. Oh well, thank goodness for caffeine! Still can't wait to meet this new little girl!

Melissa and Greer--would love to hear about things you are doing differently this time that are working/not working. Congrats to Melissa! Look forward to seeing the post-birth post, but I know it will probably be a while with two little munchkins to take care of!

--Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand what you are saying. The reality of bringing a second child in the mix is so overwhelming! Especially for us right now because Molly is in a total mommy phase. Todd tried tolet me have bedtime routine off tonight (we always do it together) and she was screaming so hysterically that I had to go up there! Hopefully there will be a dada shift when her little sister arrives.

    ReplyDelete