Dude, y'all are all so right....this picking a convertible car seat business is a pain! And like Amanda, we plan on getting 2 because we use both of our cars almost equally (60% mine, 40% his). But here's what we've decided to do....we have bought the Evenflo Triumph first. Of course, to save 10-20 extra bucks we got it in the poop brown color but I guess that can be good if Molly has any blow outs while in the car! Anyway, it was ranked highest on Consumer Reports when we checked and it was the cheapest by like 70 bucks. We only got one for now because technically Molly can still fit in her infant seat. So the new car seat will go in my car and the infant one will be used with Todd's car. Once we find out whether we like it or want to try a different one we'll order a second. But I think this one should work just find.
So it actually came in the mail yesterday, and I haven't taken a picture of the box yet but we are sending it back and making them ship us a new one. The box looks like it just stepped out of a cage fight with a sumo wrestler! And I'm sure the seat inside is probably fine but I don't know. I'd rather them ship me an intact box just to ease my worries. So once I get that and actually open it, I'll post a picture of teeny Molly sitting in her big girl car seat!
-Emily
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey just so you guys know, I received a 25% off carseat email from Babies R US. I am sure it is just a sale they are running, but that is a big discount :) Good luck on your car seat decisions.
ReplyDeletemel
hey one more thing that came to mind is think also about number two. Make sure if you are trying to keep your same vehicle that you make sure that two car seats will fit regardless of the fact if there is one of each or two convertable car seats. I have a friend who is trying to figure that out right now...
ReplyDeletemel
Great Choice Em! We've been using ours for over a year and Love it! We kept him rear facing in it till he Was 2 and he loved it and then he's been forward facing in it since October and seems very comforable!! Hope u guys like it too! And we have the poop brown one too :)
ReplyDelete-ashley