So we have been busy this past few months. We have finally moved into our house!!! Can I just tell you that whole month was a blur, but so worth all the effort. We moved out of our condo at the end of November, and moved in temporally with my mother. Of course my family loved the idea of being able to see Andrew all the time, but we craved the schedule that makes our world flow. But on the flip side we had the ability to have instant babysitters so Joey and I could go out after Andrew went down for the night and shop for carpet, paint, furniture, etc. All in all we moved into our house (sleeping wise) the night before we left for the mountains for Christmas. And there was nothing quite like driving home from the holidays knowing you were going home. And we have even broke in the neighborhood park, which by the way is like a two minute walk from our front door behind the house on the opposite side of the cauldisac. I know you guys are jealous :)
Christmas went really well. We were in the mountains and had about 8 inches of snow before we left to come home. We had to cut our trip short because we ran out of milk and since there was a snow storm and everything was bought up. Andrew of course had a never ending supply of presents to open. This kid is so spoiled by our friends and family. He has seriously been opening presents since his birthday! I am trying to divide up toys around the house so he has something different to play with regardless which room we are in. I also need to take some and leave them at the grandparent's house so we don't have to travel with quite so many things.
Let me think of some relateble things...Andrew is still having a really hard time eating, but I think he is getting better. He now eats tator tots. I never thought I would be excited about my kid eating that, but I am thrilled. He has forgotten the bottle and loves his sippy cups. I told you guys we use the cheap toss away kinds. I tried about a week ago to reintroduce the nuby ones, but he just didn't get it. I just wished the ones he liked didn't leak so bad, but whatever my kid is off of bottles and we all survived. We are back on his reflux meds and what a difference it has made. All you mommys with reflux kids, even though the get better potentially around 8 months or so, when you introduce milk it starts up all over again. But the meds have helped big time with the vomit smelling vomit and with his eating. He absolutely hates getting his meds, but I don't know if it is because it smells like peppermint so strongly or because he just hates the idea of getting meds. Which leads me to the last thing that is more challenging...getting into the car seat. We would really like to keep him rear facing until he is two since the research is now showing safety benefits, but this kid is all about tantrums getting into the car. I don't know if it is because he he rear facing and it bothering him or because he doesn't want to be restrained. Anybody else facing this issue? He locks his legs and stands up. Reaches for the mirror and practically rolls out of his seat the majority of times I try to get him in there. Half the time he is doing this before he is even in the car and he ends up hitting his head on the way in.
Oh I almost forgot to tell you guys, Andrew's eye are fine. They want to see him again every six months until he is two and then we will probably come back around 4 to see how he is doing. That last visit is because Joey and I are basically blind and we want to make sure he can see well before he starts school.
I hope everybody else is doing well. Cannot wait to hear about the trails of all the moms handling one year olds!!!
mel
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And where are the pictures from Christmas? We aren't having trouble getting Hadley in the car because she really likes to go places, but we are having the same problem with the changing table. All of a sudden she HATES to be put on the changing table to get her diaper changed. Same thing with her--she arches her back and locks her legs. I think I'm going to have to start changing her on the floor--but then she can crawl away. Oh, what to do with these silly babies!
ReplyDelete--Amanda