So far, everything is going smoothly with Baby #2. I was a little sicker and much more tired this time--probably due to the fact that I am chasing around a 18-month old all the time now. I am also STARVING all the time! I am really eating us out of house and home. I don't remember being this hungry last time.
I had to switch doctors and hospitals when we moved. I toured the hospital a few weeks ago, and I have my first appointment with the new doctor in about a week and a half. I got spoiled being in Atlanta where they have a plethora of good hospitals to choose from--all within 10 miles or so of our house. Where we live now, there are two community hospitals, each about 20 miles away. Neither of those really have NICU units, and I'm not sure if they have an anesthesiologist there 24 hours a day (important to me because I don't plan to even try going natural since I only lasted about 10 minutes without an epidural last time). I also want the NICU in the hospital just in case things don't go smoothly with the baby. So I have chosen a hospital that is about 45 minutes away. If I end up having to be induced, it won't be a problem. And my old doctor said that I would most likely have plenty of time. If I start getting close and they predict snow around here, however, we will be getting a hotel closer to the hospital. The hospital itself actually has a hotel in the top of it, so hopefully we can get one of those rooms if needed and just be an elevator ride away from where I need to be. This hospital also has an anesthesiologist dedicated to the maternity ward and actually at the hospital (not just on call) 24 hrs. a day.
How are the rest of you doing?
--Amanda
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment