Just thought I'd make sure everyone saw the facebook video that I posted announcing that Joe and I (and big sister Laine) are expecting a BOY BABY this time!!! I am really excited, but also a little intimidated... I don't have much experience with boys! Any advice from you boy baby mamas?
(In case you missed the video, it's here on my blog now, or on my facebook profile.)
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats again!! I know I don't have anything to compare it with (and I'm sure girls are fantastic,) but I LOVE being a boy's mama. Adam and I love it so much that we are kinda hoping (though we'd be happy with anything,) that we end up with another boy to complete our family. I know it sounds basic, but watch out for pee on the ceiling! You'll pick up cues for when he's ready to spray, but at first just keep a washcloth next to the changing table and put it over him so you don't get an eyeful. We also had to be careful about what diapers we used because he's a tummy sleeper and if we went with a store brand diaper, it wouldn't absorb in the front where boys need it more. Boys are just so sweet though! I don't know if its all boys, or Isaac, but he's a cuddly baby...which means the separation anxiety is a huge issue for us. I heard this was worse for boys, but really, who knows! We were also told that verbally boys are slower, and I certainly know he doesn't have Laine's vocab, but he still comprehends SO much. I can't wait until you can tell us all the big differences since so far none of us really have anything to compare it with us. You're our control group! I'm glad your pregnancy is going so well. It seems like its flying by!
ReplyDelete