Sunday, March 20, 2011

Do you juice?

So Molly has never had juice. Not a drop, not of any kind. And it's not because I'm against juice. She's just always loved water and milk so it wasn't a necessity. But I feel like most 14 months old drink juice. What age did you give yours juice? And is there really any reason for me to start her on it now, since she does like water so much?

Update: She's taking several steps, several times a day. But she still thinks it's funny to plop down and start crawling, mostly because she knows I want her to walk! :-D

Emily

4 comments:

  1. We tried Isaac on juice (apple and white grape,) but he really didn't take to it. He really just likes milk, and our ped said to give him as much as he wants. It's more expensive this way, but I'm just glad he likes it. We give him up to 32 oz of milk a day (4 -5 sippies) and if he goes through that we switch to water, which he'll tolerate. We're trying to get him to use a straw so we can switch to the milk in a juice box when we're out. It's hit or miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laine has gotten some juice (usually about half to 3/4s water, the rest juice) with snacks or when we are out at the park, but with meals she still gets milk or water. For a while she was asking for juice, but now she usually requests water so we give her that most of the time when it's not meal time (when she always gets milk). The only thing I have heard that is bad about juice is to give it to them in their beds because it can be bad for their teeth, but I think that's true with a lot of things. But I guess if Molly doesn't want it, I don't see a "need" to give it to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have given Hadley the Mott's for Tots apple juice (its 50/50 water and juice and without so much sugar), but we don't give it to her very often because she seems to like water and milk.

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew didnt start getting juice at daycare until he was over one year old, and even then they aren't allowed to give children more than 4 oz in a day and he would get it with a snack. We do not give him juice at home becaue he eats so much fruit I didn't want him to have so much sugar. But if he is a little constipated we give him a little pear juice and then watch out because a blow out is on its way! We just use the juice that we get from his can of pears. But a lot of my mommy friends use "Apple and Eve" juice products becuase it is really low in sugar. We normally bring water with him if he is playing outside or if he wants something to drink between meals (I think at his age he only needs around 16oz of milk a day...)but it is nice to know I have some quality alternative if I need to grab something fast!

    ReplyDelete